Saturday, March 14, 2009

all is very well, however


I think that I may be returning to my man-hating phase. Except maybe with a little less actual hatred and a little more just.... giving up on men. 

It blows my mind that people can be so lovely in normal encounters but such shits when it comes to anything in the more-than-friends realm. 

But I'm not going to worry about it, becaaaause....


Guess what?

I'm starting to feel really at home here in Bolivia, and with myself. And really happy, actually! Life here is beginning to really feel like my life, & what a fabulous life it is.

Yesterday we had a really cool talk about coca production in Bolivia (very interesting, coca is such a central part of Andean culture). And it was also our last day of Spanish classes (what what??). This actually means less than it sounds like, because we're going to continue having other classes/lectures/readings/conversations in Spanish, just not formal Spanish class. But it was still a big moment & made me realize even more: I've kind of been here for a long time! It's crazy. 

I also just finished reading Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe, which is now one of my new favorite books. It also happens to have a bunch of amaaaazing-sounding really Southern recipes, which I am going to cook all of when I'm back in the States. Yay! You should all come over and eat :).

I'm feeling pretty good in general these days- super into my life here, but also so excited for life when I get back home. I know that one's state of mind changes a lot while abroad, but right now, things are pretty stellar :).

Minus the boy. Boys are sucky, but who cares, right? As my host-mom said, "hay mejores." So yeah :).

No comments:

Post a Comment