Wednesday, February 11, 2009

más fotos, si puedo ponderlas :)

Me, at the old hacienda we visited for lunch during our visit to Tarata. 

Annnd, Tarata- a lovely pueblo that I may go back to to do my independent research, @ el tecnologico agropecuario, but we'll see :). 

This moment changed my life. My host family took me to the top of a mountain (something like 20 kms up), and it was mind-blowing, life-changing, earth-shattering immenseness and beauty and.... just life, in its most naked, breathing form. I don't even know how else to describe it. Suddenly all there was in the world was the greenness of the mountain's curves, the whipping wind, the immenseness of the sky, and the closeness of the clouds.... I have never felt so alive and so small and so completely of and in the world as I felt at that moment. Every idealized picture you've ever seen of the Andean mountains is dead on, no exaggeration. 

It felt like the clouds were inches away... 

With my boos/host siblings :), Andres & Andre. 

Mountains, with a view of Cochabamba in the background.

There was herd of cows & sheep & lamas. Unbelievable (!).

Clouds!


This is sideways, but we were literally at the top of a mountain. That little speck is my host brother, Andres :).

My room at the house :).

This is a heart that's painted on the tree-house in our backyard. I kind of love it :).



Water fight in the backyard/out the window/in the bathroom!!!! My host dad was involved too, hehe, and it was pretty hysterical :). 


1 comment:

  1. good god i love you. i miss you so much it's not even FUNNY SERIOUSLY OKAY I LOVE YOU TIMES INFINITY.
    i have been thinking about you all the time. there is a warm spot on my bed waiting for you when you get back. i love you i love you i love you i love you so much baby. you are beautiful and i miss you and i love you!

    love,
    your florida friend

    ReplyDelete