Tuesday, April 7, 2009

and also.....


" -'oooooh, you're so boring.'
   -'What?'
   -'I said you're boring. Look at you. You're sad. Again. You're like a big, black hole.'
   -'Excuse me, but I just-'
   -'Fefe always said, regrets are a waste of time. They're the past crippling you in the present.'
   -'I just, I just got here, I just walked in the door-'
   -'How are you ever going to be happy if you keep wallowing? Listen, when I was a little girl, I used to spend hours looking for ladybugs. Finally, I'd just give up and fall asleep in the grass. When I woke up, they were crawling all over me.'
   -'So??'
   -'So go work on your house, and forget about it. I said GO!'
   -'I'm going!!' "
 

I feel like this has such direct implications for my life right now (or maybe I just think that b/c I've been watching the movie semi-obsessively, haha :P). The other day, I was curled up in my bed, and just said to myself, "Hailey: you're IN BOLIVIA." And it was like.... a novel concept to me. This makes no sense, obviously- I've been doing and learning and experiencing about 50 zillion things since I've been here, but at the same time there's been a string connecting my heart to home (well.... to certain people, really).

I'm going to try my best to forget about it, and then maybe all the ladybugs will come :). Or something else even better, but until I let go, I'll just keep spinning around and around in my head like I have been, and that just won't do at all. 

I love you <3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment